The Field Representative is the secondary contact person with the donor in accepting and transporting non-cash gifts. The Field Representative position has the primary task of assisting the Senior Field Representative in accepting non-cash gifts which are donated to the agency.
The Field Representative works closely with staff members at store level to ensure the proper pricing and merchandising of all donated items.
The Field Representative is directly responsible to the Thrift Store Manager.
This position is eligible for overtime pay.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities are given as examples of the various types of work performed in this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Assist the Senior Field Representative in picking up and transporting donated items from donors to the Sheriffs Ranches Thrift Store to which they are assigned.
- Assists in the upkeep of the thrift store warehouse.
- Is familiar with the entire process of non-cash gifts including the process of issuing non-cash receipts to donors.
- Ensures proper appearance and care of the equipment used in the non-cash area.
- Assures that all safety precautions are taken when transporting items.
- Represents the Florida Sheriffs Youth Ranches and Sheriffs Ranches Enterprises in a positive manner to customers, donors and the general public and provides exceptional customer service.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The person filling this position is required to have high school diploma and a valid Florida driver’s license.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each area of responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively with groups.
- Must have the ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, volume; capability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; interpret extensive variety of instructions; and deal with problems involving variety of situations.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff members and the public.
The physical requirements described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position an employee will regularly be standing, walking, sitting, listening, talking, using hands and fingers, climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and reaching with hands and arms.
The employee is required to regularly lift and/or move objects weighing up to 100 pounds and occasionally lifts and/or moves items weighing over 100 pounds. Specific vision requirements for this position are close, distance, peripheral, and color vision, depth perception and have the ability to adjust focus.
Employee is required to travel in this position with periodic overnight trips and long hours.
The employee is required to regularly work in wet, humid, and outdoor conditions. There will be occasional times when the employee is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock, and extreme heat or cold (non-weather).
The noise level of the work environment is moderate in nature, however, during long periods of time traveling noise level would be loud.
$16.00 hourly. Full Time.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
Open until filled.
Please contact Eric Brown, Thrift Store Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1(800) 338-0377.