The Camp Registrar position provides clerical support for the assigned Camp and coordinates the camp registration process.
The Camp Registrar is directly responsible to the Camp Director.
This position is eligible for overtime pay.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities are given as examples of the various types of work performed in this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Displays orderliness and punctuality while performing duties, including:
• Word processing, Request for Service processing, filing, copying, data entry and maintenance of youth and donor files.
- Possesses alertness and enthusiasm as the primary receptionist, including:
• Hospitality and attentiveness to make all callers feel welcome and informed of Youth Ranch services.
- Demonstrates attentiveness and responsibility with regards to all mail, ensuring proper delivery to the staff.
- Exhibits determination and thoroughness in processing program services packets and endurance to ensure correspondence and paperwork for all youth is completed in a timely manner, including:
• Request for Service, Summer camp, census, admissions and other required documentation as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The person filling this position must have a high school diploma or equivalent and two years clerical experience.
Experience with personal computers and Windows based software is preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each area of responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively with groups.
- Must have the ability to calculate figures and amounts, ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; ability to interpret extensive variety of instructions; ability to deal with problems involving variety of situations.
- Must have a working knowledge of office practices and equipment used in a general office environment.
- Must have the ability to set priorities and follow through to completion.
- Must have the ability to plan and organize work.
- Must have the personality to work and communicate with other staff.
- Must have the ability to refrain from divulging confidential information to unauthorized persons.
The physical requirements described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, listen, talk, and use hands and fingers. The employee occasionally is required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, reach with hands and arms and taste or smell.
The employee occasionally is required to lift up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, depth perception and have the ability to adjust focus.
Work is generally performed in an office environment. There are no special conditions.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
Open until filled.
For more information, please contact:
Philip Haught, Camp Director – firstname.lastname@example.org