The Warehouse Coordinator has the primary task of receiving, storing, repairing, displaying and disposing of non-cash items. In addition, this person assists in maintaining the interior and exterior of the Thrift Store in a clean and orderly manner.
The Warehouse Coordinator is directly responsible to the Thrift Store Manager.
This position is eligible for overtime pay.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities are given as examples of the various types of work performed in this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Receives, stores, cleans, and repairs donated items.
- Arranges display and storage areas for maximum utilization.
- Assists in maintaining a clean appearance of store and surrounding grounds.
- Assists with loading and unloading items.
- Must be familiar with the entire process of non-cash gifts and the operation of the Thrift Store.
- Picks up and transports donated items.
- Issues non-cash receipts to donors.
- Assists in operating check out lanes, as needed.
- Assists customers and donors promptly and courteously.
- Assists in performing administrative duties, as needed.
- Represents the Youth Ranches and Sheriffs Ranches Enterprises in a positive manner to donors, customers, and the general public and provides exceptional customer service.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The person filling this position must have a high school diploma or GED. Two years experience in a warehouse setting is preferred. Must have possessed a valid driver’s license for three years or more and be able to maintain a safe driving record consistent with agency policy.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each area of responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations.
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, compute rate, ratio, and percentage.
- Must have the ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions; ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must have the ability to organize warehouse and keep merchandise moving to sales floor on a continuous time frame.
- Must have the ability to meet customers in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
- Must have the ability to plan and organize work and meet deadlines.
The physical requirements described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally sitting, climbing or balancing, and extensively stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, while regularly standing, walking, sitting, listening, talking, using hands/fingers, and reaching with hands and arms. The employee is required to regularly lift up to 100 pounds. Specific vision requirements for this position include close, distance, color and peripheral vision.
Work in generally performed in a retail sales environment. The employee regularly works in wet, humid, outdoors conditions and occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate in nature.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
Open until filled.
Please contact Benita Scavoni, Thrift Store Manager I at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (352) 795-8886.