The Accounts Payable Coordinator assists in the verification, coordination, and the processing of accounting transactions and maintains accounting records for programs of the Florida Sheriffs Youth Ranches, Inc., and Sheriffs Ranches Enterprises, Inc. The primary responsibility for this position is the timely and accurate processing of accounts payable transactions, with additional responsibilities related to fixed asset management, and providing financial analysis and special project support to the Accounting Manager and the Vice President Finance.
The Accounts Payable Coordinator is directly responsible to the Accounting Manager.
This position is eligible for overtime pay.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities are given as examples of the various types of work performed in this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required.
- Ensures timely and accurate accounts payable processing by providing assistance and guidance to Program Bookkeepers, Business Managers, Program Directors, and other agency staff related to document preparation, documentation requirements, agency policies and procedures including Presidential Directives, and proper use of the agency coding manual.
- Reviews vouchers received to ensure expenses are charged to correct accounts, invoices and other requests for payments are supported by proper documentation including approvals from authorized personnel.
- Coordinates the assignment of new vendor numbers and tax information. Assists the Accounting Manager with the assignment of account numbers. Completes all end-of-year (fiscal and calendar) duties and reports as required including 1099 preparation and submission.
- Prepares documentation for input to Fixed Asset subsidiary ledger, and makes required copies for asset files.
- Ensures that proper accounting procedures and internal controls are maintained for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Develops and maintains a procedure manual for Accounts Payable.
- Completes all accounts payable processing for weekly check runs. Prints checks and assembles all invoice packages with backup for review by Accounting Manager or Staff Accountant.
- Reconciles A/P General Ledger totals to A/P Subsidiary Ledger on a weekly basis.
- Assists the Accounting Manager in the formulation, review, and evaluation of accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintains all accounting records related to accounts payable processing, and ensures filing is kept current.
- Plans and coordinates Program Bookkeeper/Business Manager meetings as required providing training in accounting practices and procedures.
- Works with Vice President Finance in the assignment of project numbers from restricted funds for scholarships, to be used for vouchers charging scholarship expenses.
- Assists the Accounting Manager and Vice President Finance with special projects as required, including financial analysis related to General Ledger accounts.
- Cross-trains as back-up for other Accounting Department positions as assigned by Accounting Manager for Vice President Finance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The person filling this position must have a high school diploma or GED. A minimum of two years’ experience in bookkeeping or accounting in addition to experience with personal computers or mainframe computer is required. Vocational training or college course work in a related field may be substituted for the required experience. Associate Degree in Accounting or Business is preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each area of responsibility. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Must possess the highest level of integrity and professionalism as demonstrated by the character traits of dependability, determination, initiative, responsibility, and thoroughness in the performance of duties.
- Must have the ability to work with computers and data entry equipment.
- Must have analysis, math, and grammar skills sufficient to meet minimum standards of the Youth Ranches Skills Test.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as operating, instructional, regulation, and procedural manuals.
- Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must have the ability to resolve problems with multiple variables.
- Must have the ability to perform math functions such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Must have the accuracy and attention to detail required to perform daily accounting duties.
- Must have a strong orientation to customer service and be able to work effectively with others.
- Must have a valid Florida Driver License and be able to maintain a safe driving record consistent with agency policy.
The physical requirements described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, listen, talk, use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms. The employee will often lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work is generally performed in an office environment with moderate noise.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
Open until filled.
For more information, please contact:
Wendy Tatum, Accounting Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org